Once one believes that the age of man (from Adam to the Millenial Reign of Jesus) is approx. 6000 years in length,
and believes that this consists of three massive events
(Birth Of Adam, Birth of Israel, and the Birth of Jesus) - ending with the Birth of the new Heaven and Earth (the new Millenium),
and learns that these events occur approximately every 2000 years,
then one may draw the conclusion that the timeline events flow as:
Year 1, Adam is Created, Year 2000: Israel is born (Covenant with Abraham), Year 4000: Jesus Christ is Born, Year 6000: The current age ends, ushering in a new Millenium.
In order to reconcile this amazing statement biblically, we try to show the current timeline using the Bible as the source for the timespan from Adam to Abraham and his covenant
(Abraham was 99 years old when God made the covenant with him),
and from that point, approx. 2000 years passed between the Covenant and Jesus's birth.
From 30AD (Jesus Death), with modern record keeping, it is easier to show that 1987 years passed from the time
of Jesus's death/resurrection to the year 2017.
Therefore, based on adding up Old Testament timespans (below), the bible shows that 4000 years have passed between the birth of Adam and the birth of Jesus (with 2000 years passing between the birth of
Adam and the covenant with Abraham (IE the birth of Israel), and approx. 1987 years passed between Jesus death
and the current year (2017). (Could we be currently living in Daniels 69'th week, with September 2017 ushering in Daniels final week (70th week)?).
Note: Regarding the four entries for The star of bethlehem, the alignment of Jupiter and Venus produce a bright combined star light and it is written the star appeared over Bethlehem to lead the
three wisemen to Jesus birthplace. Using astronomical software, it is shown that the alignment appeared in
7BC (approx the time of Christs birth), and actually did occur again in June 2015AD.
Therefore the alignment would have also occurred in 2023BC (approx 1977 on the below timeline), and also again approx 20 years before the
creation of Adam.
In summary, the Bethlehem star appears to be a guide ushering in the birth of each major event: It appeared before the Creation of Man, it appeared before the Birth of Israel, it appeared before the
Birth of Jesus, and then it appeared Before the Birth of the new Heaven (this will be when Jesus reigns in the new Millenium: the new Israel that according to the bible,
will descend from heaven at the end of our age!).
The bible explains that the world will endure a 7 year tribulation, before the new millenium. (This points to a possibility that the tribulation may start soon in the future - possibly within 4 years.)
Part 1: The old testament timeline, years elapsed between Adam and Abrahams covenant, and Jesus Birth:
The timeline of the Tanakh can be estimated using
the ages given in Genesis and Jubilees.
Starting with the creation of Adam and adding the information when his son was born, the age of his son, etc.
this gives a timeline from Adam's creation to the death of Jacob 2255 years later (according to the Masoretic text,
the Septuagint timeline is significantly longer). These timelines are used by some biblical scholars to estimate the age of the earth by counting back the number of years
associated with each of the biblical patriarchs and adding the years together.
- -19 - (It is estimated that) Bethlehem Star would have been seen over the Garden of Eden
- 1 - Adam (generation 1) is created.
Note: The year is now approx 4000BC.
- 130 - Adam and Eve receive a son, Seth (generation 2)
- 235 - Enosh is born (generation 3)
- 325 - Kenan is born (generation 4)
- 395 - Mahalaleel is born (generation 5)
- 460 - Jared is born (generation 6)
- 622 - Enoch is born (generation 7)
- 687 - Methuselah is born (generation 8) "Methuselah" can be translated "when he dies it comes".
- 874 - Lamech is born (generation 9)
- 930 - Adam dies, aged 930
- 987 - Enoch taken up by God (did not die [Gen5:24]), aged 365
- 1042 - Seth dies, aged 912
- 1056 - Noah is born (generation 10)
- 1140 - Enosh dies, aged 905
- 1235 - Kenan dies, aged 910
- 1290 - Mahalaleel dies, aged 895
- 1422 - Jared dies, aged 962
- 1556 - Noah has three sons: Shem, Ham, and Japheth (generation 11)
- 1651 - Lamech (Noah's father) dies, aged 777
- 1656 - Methuselah dies the same year as the flood comes, aged 969
- 1658 - Arpachshad is born (generation 12)
- 1693 - Shelah is born (generation 13)
- 1723 - Eber is born (generation 14)
- 1757 - Peleg is born (generation 15)
- 1787 - Reu is born (generation 16)
- 1819 - Serug is born (generation 17)
- 1849 - Nahor is born (generation 18)
- 1878 - Terah is born (generation 19)
- 1948 - Abraham is born (generation 20)
- 1958 - Sarah, Abrahams wife, is born
- 1996 - Peleg dies, aged 239 - this is the first death mentioned in the Bible after the flood
- 1997 - Nahor dies, aged 148
- 2000~ - (It is estimated that) Bethlehem Star would have been seen over Israel
- 2006 - Noah, generation 10 after Adam, dies at the age of 950
- 2026 - Reu dies, aged 239
- 2034 - Ishmael is born (generation 21)
- 2047 - God makes a covenant with Abraham - Birth of Israel. The year is approx 2000BC.
- 2048 - Isaac is born (also generation 21)
- 2049 - Serug dies, aged 230
- 2083 - Terah dies, aged 205
- 2085 - Sarah dies
- 2088 - Isaac is married at the age of 40, to Rebecca
- 2096 - Arpachshad dies, aged 438
- 2107 - Abraham sent by God to sacrifice Isaac at Mount Moriah [Genesis 22:1-2]. This was the place where King David would acquire the land for the building of the First Temple.
- 2108 - Jacob is born, with his twin Esau (generation 22)
- 2123 - Abraham dies, aged 175
- 2126 - Shelah dies, aged 433
- 2158 - Shem dies, aged 600
- 2187 - Eber dies, aged 464
- 2228 - Isaac dies, aged 180
- 2238 - Jacob moves to Egypt at the age of 130
- 2255 - Jacob dies in Egypt, aged 147
- 2587 - The Exodus from Egypt - The Law was given to the Israelites through Moses at Mount Sinai. The Law was added to the promises because of the transgressions of the Israelites. [Galatians 3:19].
God warned Israel that if they did not obey the Law fully then He would scatter them out of the land.
- 3003 - Building of First Temple - King Solomon built the Temple on the site that his father David had acquired. [2 Chronicles 3:1-2].
- 3480 - Zerubbabel built the Second Temple in Jerusalem. The Second Temple (see Ezra 1 to 6) was a shadow of its former glory but, hundreds of years later, King Herod would spend 46 years turning it into a magnificent building.
- 3937 - The Romans occupied Israel. Herod the Great reigns. The second temple renovations start in 3980, and will take 46 years to complete.
- 3993 - Star of Bethlehem passes over Bethlehem (Year 7BC).
- 3995 - Jesus Christ was Born.
Note: The year is approx 5BC.
- 4030 - The Death and Resurrection of Jesus
- 4070 - Romans under Titus capture Jerusalem and destroy the second temple
- 5917 - Balfour Declaration: the British sign a covenant to reinstitute the homeland for the Jews in Israel
- 5948 - The state of Israel is declared
- 5967 - Six Day War. Israel gained control of Jerusalem.
- 5987 - Daniels 69th week
- 6015 - Star of Bethlehem passes over United States (Year: 2015AD)
- 6019 - Daniels 70th week - beginning of tribulation (Year 2019 AD).
- 6028 - End of tribulation
- 6028-7028 - Jesus Christ, King of King's Milennial Reign for 1000 years - New Heaven and Earth